The Cure for Boredom Is at Your Local Library
Learn something, have some fun, be yourself
The fight against summer boredom has never been easier to win. There’s a lot for families to do in the Chippewa Valley during these warmer months. There’s no better summer hangout than your local library, and Chippewa Valley libraries have got you completely covered for learning, fun, and A/C. Check out all sorts of free fare for you and your kids to enjoy at the library:
Menomonie Public Library • 600 Wolske Bay Road • menomonielibrary.org
- Music Over Menomin • Thursdays through Aug. 9, 7pm • Bring your lawn chairs, picnic baskets, and blankets and enjoy free live music over Lake Menomin.
- Movies over Menomin • Thursdays, Aug 23-Sept. 13, 8-10pm • Check out outdoor moviess on the library lawn near the end of summer.
- Movement over Menomin • Tuesdays, July 10-31, 3-4pm • Kids K-5 are invited to bring their friends to the lawn of the Menomonie Public Library for some fun exercise and movement.
L.E. Phillips Memorial Public Library, 400 Eau Claire St. • ecpubliclibrary.info
- DIY Discovery • Mondays and Saturdays in July, 1:30-3pm • A drop-in DIY crafting series for families, featuring a different topic and activity each week.
- Thursday Demonstration Series • Thursdays in July, 1:30pm • Includes an Insect Roadshow, Reptile and Amphibian Discovery Zoo, Ask a Scientist, and an Interactive Life of Mozart Play.
- Wednesday Performance Series • Wednesdays Jul 11-25, 1:30pm • Performances include comedy for kids and sing-a-longs.
Chippewa Falls Public Library • 105 W. Central St. • chippewafallslibrary.org
- Musical Instrument Petting Zoo • Tuesdays until July 31, 1:30-2:30pm • Musical games, special guests, and a chance to try out an array of instruments.
- Boomwhacker Orchestra • Thursdays until Aug. 2, 10:30-11:30am • Join a collective orchestra and learn to play the world’s easiest instrument – if you know your colors, you can play it.
- YouTube University • Wednesdays until Aug. 1, 1:30-2:30pm • School-age kids will learn and explore new worlds through curated YouTube clips and a related activity or experiment.
Altoona Public Library, 1303 Lynn Ave. • altoonapubliclibrary.org
- Children’s Movies • Thursdays July 5-26, 1:30pm • The library will host kids movie nights in July. Movies include Ferdinand, Nut Job 2. Captain Underpants, and My Little Pony.
- Summer Performance Night • Wednesdays July 11-25, 6:30-7:30 • Families with kids of any age are invited to the library. Performances include Pint Size Polkas, Boogie in the Barnyard with John Duggleby, and a Kids Got Talent Show.
- Kids Summer Program • Tuesdays July 3-24, 1:30pm • Kids ages 9-11 can attend special library programming for kids. Events include Rubber Band Bracelet Workshop, “I Love to Color” Workshop, No Sew Fleece Blankets for ECCHA, and Kids Got Talent Show Rehearsal.